Below are some common points you can remember. List is endless but I do not want
to make it long, so that you can remember important ones.
Difference between .NET 1.X,2.0,3.0, 3.5 and 4.0:-
- Use string builder for concatenation rather than string when concatenation
huge string values.
- Avoid boxing / unboxing, use generics.
- Avoid writing in line SQL queries use stored procedures.
- Choose your indexes (clustered and non-clustered) properly.
- Use Caching for data which will not change frequently.
- In ASP.NET use output cache directive for page level caching.
Below is the list of top differences between the framework versions. Please
remember the list is much bigger than what I have put down. But for interview
perspective I have taken top 5 in each one of them so that we can remember the
Support for 64 bit application.
SQL cache dependency
Membership and roles
WCS ( card space)
ADO Entity framework
ADO data services
You can also watch the below video created by
demonstrates how read only read only is a runtime constant and constant is a
compile time constant.