It is linear collection of data elements which are called ‘Nodes’. The elements may or may not be stored in consecutive memory locations. So pointers are used maintain linear order. Each node is divided into two or more parts.
The linked list can be of following types:
1. Linear Linked List or One Way List or Singly Linked List.
2. Doubly Linked List or Two Way List.
3. Circular Linked List.
4. Header Linked List.
5. Two Way Header Linked List.
6. Circular Header Linked List.
7. Two Way Circular Header Linked List